For Candidates for Kappa Kappa Psi National Office – 2017
Pursuant to Section 3.709, Kappa Kappa Psi National Constitution, the following guidelines for campaigning are hereby disseminated to candidates for national office and to the general membership of Kappa Kappa Psi. While the Constitution does not provide any specific authority regarding enforcement of these guidelines, the Committee on Nominations reserves the right to consider compliance with these guidelines in its deliberations on the qualifications of candidates and in the determination of the slate.
- All candidates deemed constitutionally qualified by the Nominations Committee shall have the information and materials initially submitted on behalf of their candidacy posted on the National Convention website. National Headquarters staff, in conjunction with the Nominations Committee, will announce and publicize this posting to all candidates and members of Kappa Kappa Psi.
- Each constitutionally qualified candidate is invited to submit a video promo to be posted to the National Convention Website, and shared on the “Kappa Kappa Psi – National Honorary Band Fraternity” Facebook page and @kkpsi twitter account. National Headquarters staff, in conjunction with the Nominations Committee, will announce and publicize this posting to all candidates and members of Kappa Kappa Psi. Videos should be 3-5 minutes in length. Contact Robert Bratcher at email@example.com for more specific details.
- Each candidate may create her/his own website/page for interaction with interested members, and the link to such sites shall be posted on the same page as the candidate materials in #1 above.
- Candidates are not allowed to send group or mass emails, and shall not be allowed to access any KKPsi email list(s). Likewise, candidates shall not be allowed to post to District or chapter pages/websites.
District Conventions and Meetings
District Conventions are part of the national programming provided by Kappa Kappa Psi. Our District and National leadership teams work diligently every year to provide an experience that challenges our membership, forges relationships, and moves the fraternity forward. In addition to district conventions, some districts have precinct meetings and other meetings (leadership workshops, etc.) that provide programming to support chapters and members. The purpose of these conventions and meetings is to engage and develop our membership.
- Candidates for national office are encouraged to attend district conventions and meetings. Many candidates will have leadership roles in the fraternity and may be actively involved in the conventions and meeting programming.
- Our national leadership will provide a time during the Town Hall Meeting or other scheduled function to introduce candidates. Candidates are welcome to engage members who have questions, but candidates should be respectful of the purpose of the convention.
- Candidates for national office should refrain from “actively” campaigning during these district conventions and meetings. Candidates should conduct themselves in a manner that does not detract from the mission and purposes of the meetings.
- The nominations committee deliberations are confidential. Neither candidates nor committee members should discuss the deliberations process in any respect. Candidates should not approach committee members about the process or next steps. All fraternity members will receive information on the candidates and the process prior to national convention as outlined in the Kappa Kappa Psi National Constitution, and consistent with these guidelines (see above). Any and all questions about the process should be sent to the nominations committee chair, Chris Haughee. If any candidate, committee member, or brother has a concern during the convention season, they should reach out to brothers Chris Haughee and National President, Jack Lee.